THE EFFECTIVENESS OF COOPERATIVE LEARNING MODEL NUMBERED HEAD TYPE TO STUDENT MATHEMATICS PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITY
The purpose of this research is to determine the Effectiveness of the Numbered Head Together (NHT) Cooperative Learning Model on the Mathematical Problem Solving Ability of SMA N 1 Batipuh Students. While the formulation of the problem in this study is: (a) How is the problem-solving ability of students after the NHT cooperative learning model is applied. (b) Is the NHT cooperative learning model effective in increasing at least 60.42 points on the mathematical problem-solving ability of XI grade students of SMA N 1 Batipuh?. The research method used is an experimental method with a research design of One Group Pretest-Posttest Design. The research sample was taken through a random cluster sampling technique. The sample obtained for class XI IPS5 with 32 students, the experimental class is a class that is taught with the Numbered Head Together type of cooperative learning model. Data analysis to test the hypothesis using t-test for paired data. The conclusion of this study is that the cooperative learning model of the NHT type is effective for increasing at least 60.42 points on the mathematical problem-solving ability of XI grade students of SMA N 1 Batipuh.
2. Astuti. The Influence of Numbered Head Together (NHT) Cooperative Learning Model on Mathematics Learning Outcomes of Class VII Students of SMP Negeri 1 Bangkinang. Lemma, 3(2), 1-10. (2017).
3. Birillina, Nur and Sri Hartatik. The Effect of Numbered Head Together Learning Model on Problem Solving Ability and Student Learning Outcomes in Mathematics Subjects Operational Material Counting Multiplication and Division in Class III Elementary School Kemala Bhayangkari 1 Surabaya. MUST: Journal of Mathematics Education, Science and Technology Vol. 4, No. 2, December 2019 Pages 217-229. ( December 2019).
4. Hartati Praise. Improving Problem-Solving Ability Related to Constructing Curved Side Spaces through the NHT Learning Model(Journal of Classroom Action Research, Vol. 16, No. 4, 2015).
5. Huda, Miftahul. 2013. Teaching Modelsand Learning. (Student Library, Yogyakarta, 2013).
6. Ibrahim et al., 2002. Cooperative Learning.(Unesa –University Press, Surabaya, 2002).
7. Irwan Nur, Muhammad, et al.. The Influence of the Application of Numbered Heads Together (NHT) Cooperative Learning Model on Mathematics Learning Outcomes of Class VII Students of SMP Negeri 1 Tongkuno. (Journal of Mathematics Education Research Volume 4 No.1 ( January 2016).
8. Isjoni. Cooperative Learning, Effectiveness of Group Learning, ( Alfabeta, Bandung, 2014).
9. Palace. Innovative Learning Models.(Media Persada, Medan, 2012).
10. Koyumah, S., & Utomo, RB . The Effect of Geogebra-Assisted Numbered Head Together Model on Mathematical Problem Solving Ability. (E-DuMath Journal, 2(2), 210-217 ( 2016).
11. Lee, Anita. Cooperative Learning Practicing Cooperative Learning in Classrooms. (Gramedia Widiasarana, Jakarta, 2002).
12. NCTM. Principles and Standards for School Mathematics. (National Council of Teacher Mathematics. Reston 2000)
13. Noor, JA Megawati. Cooperative Learning Model Numbered Head Together in Solving Mathematics Problems in Class VIII Junior High School. (Journal of Mathematics Education Economics. 2, (1)(2014.).
14. Noor Aisjah Juliani, Megawati. Cooperative Learning Model Numberd Head Together (NHT) in Mathematics Problem Solving in Class VIII SMP. (Journal of Mathematics Education, Vol. 2, No. 1, 2014).
15. Ondhi Pasrianto. Improving Students' Ability in Solving Mathematical Problems Through Cooperative Learning Model Number Head Together Type in Building Spaces (Cube and Blocks). ( Muhammadiyah Surakarta University, 2012)
16. Regulation of the Minister of Education and Culture of the Republic of Indonesia number 58. (Junior High School Mathematics. Jakarta: Ministry of Education and Culture, 2014)
17. Polya, G. How to Solve it. (Princeton University Press, New Jersey, 1973)
18. Rusman. Learning Models: Developing Teacher Professionalism.( Rajawali Press, Jakarta, 2013).
19. Trianto. Designing an Innovative-Progressive Learning Model. (Kencana Prenada Media Group,Jakarta, 2010).
20. Satriani. Efforts to Improve Mathematics Learning Outcomes Through Problem-Solving Strategies in Cooperative Learning with NHT Structural Approaches in Class VII.3 SMP Negeri 13 Pekanbaru. (Riau University. Pekanbaru, 2012)..
21. Slavin, Robert. Cooperative learning: Theory Research and Practice. (Allyn and Bason Publishers. Boston, New York , 1995).
22. Sri Wardhani., Wiworo. Sigit Tri Guntoro., Hanan Windro Sasongko. Learning Problem Solving Ability in Junior High School. ( P4TK Mathematics, Yogyakarta.2010).
23. Suryabrata, Sumadi. Research Methodology.(King GrafindoPersada, Jakarta, 2012).
24. SY, N., Corebima, AD, & Susilo, H. The Influence of Numbered Heads Together (NHT) Learning Strategy on Student Learning Outcomes of SMA Negeri 1 Muara Badak. Journal of Education, 1(10), , 2016) pp.1993-1998
Copyright (c) 2022 IJER-International Journal of Educational Research
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Author(s) and co-author(s) jointly and severally represent and warrant that the Article is original with the author(s) and does not infringe any copyright or violate any other right of any third parties, and that the Article has not been published elsewhere. Author(s) agree to the terms that the GPH Journal will have the full right to remove the published article on any misconduct found in the published article.